I love when companies acknowledge women of color and there’s no greater way to show appreciation than collaborating with one! Towards the end of summer, Maybelline and MakeupShayla created the Maybelline x Shayla eyeshadow palette as a part of the City Mini collection. I previously tried one other city mini and wasn’t too crazy about it but my love for Shayla’s videos convinced me to give this collection another try. I also figured why not try the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation and Powder as well.
Take a peek at the video above for my first impression.
MAYBELLINE X SHAYLA PALETTE
– It feels smooth to the touch and blends well.
– Very pigmented. More pigmented than the Rooftop Bronzes City Mini Palette.
MAYBELLINE FIT ME MATTE & PORELESS FOUNDATION
– This foundation is a true matte that is great for oily skin as it almost instantly mattifies.
– A powder is not really needed as it would be for regular foundations.
-Due to the lack of a pump, it’s hard to measure the amount of foundation needed for one use, which can easily lead to mistakenly wasting it by pouring out too much.
MAYBELLINE FIT ME MATTE & PORELESS POWDER
-Although I mentioned that a powder is not needed for the foundation, it’s always great to have it as an option. This powder compliments the foundation.
– It also comes with the option of applying with a sponge applicator. Although I used the sponge applicator in the video, I’ve used a powder brush on other days and realized that it definitely applies better with a powder brush than with the sponge applicator.
– It was hard to find my shade because the powder (shade 360 mocha) does match the foundation (shade 368 Deep Golden). This is due to the powder being provided in 12 shades, as the foundation is provided in 40 shades.
The lipstick is Colourpop “bedazzled”, which is a discontinued shade. 🙁
Once again, congratulations to Shayla Mitchel of MakeupShayla on this successful collaboration with Maybelline.
SHOP THE POST
*Affiliate links are used in this post.*